LGBTQ+ Support Services
This page provides information on advice and support services for LGBTQ+ individuals.
West Yorkshire LGBT+ youth groups and support
Bradford and Craven
Bradford and Keighley have a range of youth groups who support LGBTQ+ young people.
- Spectrum is for 11 to 15 year olds. It meets every 2 weeks in Bradford city centre. Call or text 07582 101145.
- Phoenix is a group for trans young people up to 21 years old. It meets in Bradford city centre. Call or text 07582 101145. Email sound
- Sound are youth groups for 11 to 15 year olds and 16 to 21 year olds. They meet weekly in Bradford and Keighley. Call or text 07582 101145. Email sound
@bradford.gov.uk. Facebook soundyouthgroup
- BLAGY is a social and support group for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans people under the age of 25, they meet weekly on a Wednesday evening. For more information call 01274 395815 or 07810 550534 or email bradford
Openminds signposts to support available in Calderdale and nationally.
- Identity is a weekly youth group for 12 to 18 year olds. They meet in Halifax and Todmorden. Call 01422 371 993, email positive.
identitiesor complete the online form. @barnardos.org.uk
- Healthy Identities offer 1 to 1 support with LGBTQ+ children, young people and families. Call 0113 393 3385 email positive.
identitiesor complete the online form on their website. @barnardos.org.uk
The Youth Service at The Brunswick Centre provide support to LGBTQ+ young people aged 11 to 24, their parents and carers. They offer 1 to 1 support, family support and youth groups.
- Huddersfield LGBTQ+ youth groups for 11 to 16 year olds and 16 to 24 year olds meets weekly
- Dewsbury LGBTQ+ youth group for 11 to 16 year olds meets weekly
You can contact the youth workers directly. You need to meet one of the youth workers before attending a youth group for the first time.
- LGBTQ+ Young People and Family Support Worker Caz Morreale 07976 402 198
- LGBTQ+ Youth Worker Kate Ribchester 07534 075 388
Leeds has 2 youth groups for LGBTQ+ young people.
- Out 2 18 is for 13 to 18 year olds. It meets weekly in West Leeds
- Transtastic is for 13 to 18 year olds who identify as Trans. It meets weekly in West Leeds
Please contact one of the youth workers for more information.
- Sam call 07712 214 421
- Debi call 07712 101 979
- Youth Service call 0113 378 6840 or email youth.
Stripes is a youth group for 13 to 19 year olds. They also provide 1 to 1 support.
If you are interested in joining contact the team on 01977 727018 and ask for a Stripes Worker.
LGBT Foundation is a national charity delivering advice, support and information services to lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities. They have information on sexual health and sex guides.
The Proud Trust is an LGBT+ organisation that supports LGBT+ young people through youth groups, peer support, mentoring programs and the Proud Connections chat service.
Gendered Intelligence works to increase understandings of gender diversity and improve the lives of trans people. They offer online groups and in person youth groups in Leeds. They also offer 1 to 1 support.
AKT supports LGBTQ+ young people aged 16 to 25 in the UK who are facing or experiencing homelessness or living in a hostile environment. They have a national online chat service.