Bronchiolitis is an infection that causes the smallest airways in your child’s lungs to become swollen. This can make it more difficult for your child to breathe.
- Bronchiolitis is caused by viral infections
- It is common in winter months and usually only causes mild cold like symptoms
- It causes persistant cough, mild fever, and feeding difficulties
- Most children get better on their own
- Some children, especially very young ones, can have difficulty with breathing or feeding and may need to go to hospital